Sunday 28 February 2016

THE FAUX FUR SCARF

Although it's still February and still very cold outside, the other day we had a not so cold day and it got me so excited for Spring so I decided it was about time I did another outfit post. I mainly put this outfit together to wear one item in particular because I hadn't worn it before, it's my Topshop pink faux fur scarf! I'm in love with this scarf, I've wanted a faux fur scarf like this for so long because they just look so chic, not to mention because it's soft and fluffy. I wanted to wear quite a simple outfit, well mainly an outfit consisting of black clothing because I didn't want to clash with the scarf and I wanted the scarf to be the main focus of the outfit. I think faux fur scarves like this are great for an easy and chic transition from winter to early spring, they make a simple outfit look much more stylish and less casual, I'm excited to wear this in London when I go in March and hopefully there will be some posts about what I get up to when I'm back.
I paired the scarf with my black raw edge blouse from Topshop, which brings more texture to the outfit and I picked this up in the sale for £15 which was an absolute bargain! I also wore my black oversized blazer which is my favourite jacket to wear at the moment! They're just so easy to wear and pull off, they make a casual look, look smarter and more tailored. This one is actually from a charity shop but originally from Marks & Spencer's, I'm pretty sure my mum payed about £3 for this and it's in great condition and I really like how it fits slightly bigger and longer on me. Charity shops are really great for items like this and are definitely worth a good look in every now and then, if you know what your looking for then it will be much easier to find a good item.
I recently bought the Adidas Stan Smith trainers in white and navy, purely because I already have the Adidas Gazelle trainers in black but I'm not sure if I like them anymore and thought these would be a better suit for me. I prefer the Stan Smith trainers much more because they're a slightly chunkier trainer which I rather, I haven't stopped wearing these since I bought them, and they're the only shoes I have that don't rub me and give me horrendous blisters so that's always a plus.

I hope you enjoyed this post and like the outfit, keep an eye out for more outfit posts coming soon, and if any of you have any tips on taking outfit photos and want to leave a comment down below that would be super helpful.

THINGS I MENTIONED:
Topshop Faux Fur Scarf - similar here
Adidas Stan Smith trainers - white & navy
Topshop Raw Edge blouse
Black Blazer - similar here 
Primark black jeans
Topshop black oversized bag


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love the outfit! And I can't wait for spring wish it would hurry this cold weather ain't nice! :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scarf, I have a similar one in navy and grey, they really add something to an outfit don't they ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig