Monday 15 October 2018

AMSTERDAM - WHERE TO EAT


Following my Amsterdam post which if you haven’t seen I’ll leave it linked below, I’m going to post all about where to go to eat your weight in pancakes and freak shakes! Of course, before going we’d done a bit of research on where to eat and the first one we came across was Pluk which is just as cute in person as on their Instagram. It is quite small and gets quite busy so plan to get their quite early, and the earlier the better as it’s quiet enough to get a seat and take some photos. Downstairs opposite the counter they also sell some homeware bits which of course are just as cute as the bakery itself. The main reason we headed there was to try one of their famous acai bowls, which sadly a lot of them contained food I was allergic to but I did try some of the “Bali Beach bowl” which is just as good as it looks. We also ordered a stack of pancakes which is a must for breakfast in Amsterdam, I have to say I think these were the best pancakes we had the whole trip so definitely head to Pluk for the best pancakes in Amsterdam! 



Another favourite that’s just a few doors down from Pluk is Ree7, which is the best place to go for freak shakes! Granted I couldn't finish it all but it was delicious and they offer you a sweet bag to take the rest with you, freak shake on the go anyone? Again my freak shake was accompanied by a stack of pancakes because when in Amsterdam…eat your weight in pancakes. Another warning this bakery also gets very busy thanks to its sugary status on Instagram so maybe head their early for breakfast. 


More of a savoury eating place now, we’d seen the restaurant Mama Kelly on Instagram again and if the lobster hadn't convinced me the pink interior definitely did. This was in such an odd area near the athletic stadiums and just a bit out of the center but worth the tram ride. We booked in advance as it does get quite busy so decided it would be a perfect end to our last night in Amsterdam. It’s a little bit pricey for the barely four mouthfuls of lobster but I still really recommend it and of course, you can just pop in for some cocktails as well. The bar had to be my favourite part, it’s as you walk in, welcoming you into a pink abyss. Honestly, there’s a photo opportunity it seems in pretty much every bakery or restaurant in Amsterdam which is great for your Instagram content.




The last two bakeries/cafes are Cafe Blond and the Corner Bakery both in walking distance to each other as well near the Moco Museum. Cafe Blond offers more of a savoury menu and my avo, bacon and chicken wrap did not disappoint, so if you need a break from the sweet treats head here, nachos are also on the menu! However, if you have room left for more freak shakes and pancakes, the Corner Bakery will is a great break from the museums and galleries. We opted for a slightly smaller version of their freak shakes, well smaller than the huge tower of donuts and candy floss that they delivered to the girls next to us. 



Last but not least Stroopwafels, such a great snack in between pancakes and freak shakes. You can pretty much find them on every street and luckily there was one about 5 minutes away from our hotel so we never went hungry! My favourite topping had to be chocolate and fudge as if a caramel waffle wasn't sweet enough.


Amsterdam is full of great places to eat and I definitely have more places I need to visit and eat my weight in food which only means I’ll be a heading back again and hopefully soon. I’d love to visit Amsterdam in the winter around Christmas, I imagine it’s the perfect cosy Christmas picture, if anyone has any recommendations I missed do let me know! 

Places to Eat:
Stroopwafels
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig