Sunday 7 February 2016

JANUARY FAVOURITES

There aren't that many new favourites this month, but one I have to start with because it has to be my new favourite palette, is the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette! I didn't think I would like this palette but after keep seeing it everywhere I had to get it, and I'm so glad I did! Although I have quite a few eyeshadow palettes this one is completely different and that's how I justified buying this as well as it being a treat for how much I worked over Christmas, well more of an excuse. I love how different all the shades are, you've got so many different shades to work with and this is the only palette I could justify buying because I have nothing like this not to mention how nice the packaging is. A few favourite shades include Harajuku for a crease colour as well as Serious for the outer corners and then my other favourite shades are Zone and Pop which are lovely peachy toned shimmer colours which look lovely all over the eyelid.
A lip favourite this month has to be the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade London, I have been obsessed with lip stains this month, they have been my go to lip product all month! They're so much easier to wear, they last longer even when I'm eating I rarely have to re-apply but they are slightly harder to apply than lipstick as it's so easy to smudge the product. These NYX lip creams are a great first lip stain to try out because they're so easy to use not to mention cheap and cheerful. I love the shade London and did originally think it would be too light but it's my perfect nude shade and I have now gone and ordered the shade Cannes which is a slightly darker brown nude, but I need so many more! I prefer using lip liner when using lip stains because they're easier to apply and smudge less throughout the day because of the lip liner, a lip liner that matches this shade perfectly is the New Look Pure Colour Lip Pencil in the shade Mink.
A product that I don't quite understand why it wasn't mentioned in my 2015 Favourites is the Nars Bronzing Powder in the shade Laguna, I really can't believe I didn't include this! This has to be my all time favourite and go to bronzing powder, this is the perfect shade for me and great for contouring to make it seem like I actually have cheekbones. You can't go wrong with this, when you apply it, it doesn't come out too dark and patchy so you can either go for a natural look or really build it up to contour, I don't actually know what I would do without this and it's starting to hit the pan so I may need to stock up pretty soon! An old perfume favourite that I've started wearing again and been wearing non-stop this month is Chanel Chance Eau Tendre Eau de Toilette, this is such a lovely fragrance and I love re-discovering old favourites and getting obsessed with them all over again. I bought this a few yeas ago on my 'girls holiday' in Spain so every time I use this that's all it reminds me of, its such a lovely subtle, fresh scent and perfect for going into Spring, which I know we're not quite there yet but here's hoping it comes around early this year!
Now into the non-beauty favourites, I have a favourite person this month, as odd as it seems...this month I have been loving Alexa Chung! I am officially obsessed with her, I have been watching her Youtube series on the 'Future of Fashion' on British's Vogue's channel non-stop. I think it's really interesting to get an insight into the fashion industry from so many different people with different roles in the industry, it's really good and I recommend you give these a watch if you're interested in fashion and you want to pursue it as a career. They're also great just to see a little behind the scenes for all things fashion, and they also feature sneak peaks into celebrities closets like Suki Waterhouse and Olivia Palermo which are great to get style inspiration for outfits. My other Alexa Chung favourite is her book IT which I have now had to order a second copy because I need prints of her lovely illustrations to go on my wall! This is such a great, easy read and such a lovely book filled with lovely illustrations and photo's, so if you don't already have it you need to order it now!
A social media favourite this month has been Pinterest, I find myself constantly on the app whenever I'm bored. I think it's such a relaxing thing for me to do, to just sit there and pin beautiful images of Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid in amazing outfits and lovely photos of great interior and bedroom inspiration. If you've already got Pinterest leave your names down in the comments and the same if you know of any lovely Pinterest boards/profiles I can check out.
My last favourite is something I always buy each month but never really mention, it's Elle magazine but the February issue I got this month is so good not to mention the cover includes the beautiful Kylie Jenner so I had to pick it up. I love the cover of this months issue, I think they've also re-edited the layout of the magazine and some of their usual pages and it's so much better and I've just really enjoyed reading the February issue this month so I had to mention it. I hope you liked this late January Favourites, let me know what you've been loving this month and keep an eye out for a very special haul coming soon!

THINGS I MENTIONED:
Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - London
New Look Pure Colour Lip Liner Pencil - Mink
Nars Bronzing Powder - Laguna
Chanel Chance Eau Tendre Eau de Toilette

NON-BEAUTY:
Alexa Chung - It by Alexa Chung
British Vogue's YouTube Channel
Alexa's Series 'Future of Fashion'
Pinterest - www.pinterest.com/caitlin3831 
Elle Magazine
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. love all the products mentioned! Pinterest is my new addiction. I have been trying to get inspired for the new year and pinterest never fails me :)

    Kathy xx
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig