Tuesday 26 January 2016

BIRCHBOX JANUARY 2016

Ok so I know I may have made a post about how I subscribed to Glossybox last month but I might of unsubscribed and subscribed to Birchbox instead, so I mean I did...it just seemed like a lot more people were subscribed to Birchbox and that it included brands that were more popular and well known. They do not disappointment I'm so happy I subscribed, they're January box is so nice with much better products and if you are subscribed to Glossybox I would definitely recommend having a little look at the Birchbox subscription!
I was so glad when I saw that Benefit's They're Real Tinted Primer was included in this month's box, it was the first thing that jumped out at me because I've been wanting to try this for a while after hearing good things about it but I didn't want to dive into the deep end and buy it full size before trying it. I've only used it a couple of times and I have noticed my lashes looking much longer and thicker, you just apply one coat on your lashes from root to tip before applying your mascara. I do think this is a great product, however there is a but...I'm not sure whether I would fully commit to a full size product because the one thing I hate about spending money on mascara is that they just dry up in the end. I think with a lot of them you see a great difference when you start using them and your lashes look so much thicker and longer but then this first effect sort of wears off and then your back looking for the next great mascara and I think this could be the case with this one. Although I will still continue to use it to see whether the long and thicker looking lashes last, if any of you have tried this please let me know what you thought.

The next product I have tried is the Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle which is a spray that helps condition and detangle your hair as well as minimise frizz. This product does do all three as well as protect against UV and heat styling which is such a good thing for my hair as I frequently straighten my hair which is a habit I really need to get out of. The reason I was most looking forward to using this was to see if it made a difference in how static my hair is, and I'm so glad to say it does because I was about to shave my hair off because of how irritating it was, as soon as I had dried or straightened my hair it immediately went static but after using this on my hair after washing it when its damp it's much less fine and static. I may need to buy the full size of this once I've used this all up!
Another product I have never tried or heard of is the Rituals T'ai Chi Foaming Shower Gel, I haven't tried any of their products before but a lot of their products are about taking the everyday products we use in our daily routine and turning them into more meaningful, indulgent moments. The majority of their products contain a lot of natural ingredients like white lotis and yi yi ren which are two ingredients of the T'ai Chi Foaming Shower Gel, so I am looking forward to giving this a go and seeing if it relaxes me ever so slightly so that I'm in a better mood going to work. The other product I was unsure about was the Absolution L'Eau Soir et Matin, this is a purifying cleansing water to remove your makeup and the dirt in your skin and uses ingredients such as hazelnut oil and aloe vera to leave your skin looking and feeling refreshed and soft. I haven't given this a go yet because I'm slightly weary before trying new skincare products on my skin because of how sensitive it is but maybe I'll give it a go and you might see this in a monthly favourites, I will let you know how I get on.
My favourite thing from this month's box is the Eyeko London Fat Liquid Eyeliner, this may have actually saved me because I hadn't realised I had ran out of my eyeliner so it's a good thing this was included! This has to be my favourite purely because you can never have enough eyeliners, plus I haven't used a nib this big before so it was interesting to see if it would create a different look, and it's great at creating a thicker bold cat eye. This is a great eyeliner and I love using this when I want a bolder eyeliner look because its so easy to use the thicker nib with just one sweep of it across your eyelid, I definitely need to have a little look at their other eyeliner products possibly their Eyeko Black Magic Liquid Eyeliner which is much thiner nib compared to this one. 

THINGS I MENTIONED:
Birchbox
#No filter Birchbox compact mirror
Rituals T'ai Chi Foaming Shower Gel
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
Absolution L'Eau Soir et Matin
Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I was so undecided between the two this has definitely swayed me in the direction of Birchbox!

    Megan www.megancolly.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this box. I stopped Birchbox a couple months ago and now I'm regretting it :(

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig