Saturday 28 November 2015

NOVEMBER BEAUTY FAVOURITES

I cannot believe it's time for November favourites already, I didn't do an October favourites last month because there wasn't really anything different I was loving but I've had the chance to try out some new products and there's quite a few things I'm loving this month so I'll get on with it. The first product and overall thing I've been loving is just painting my nails, I go through phases of enjoying painting my nails and then dreading it and end up with chipped nails for a good couple of weeks. But with the help of some new nail polishes I've actually been quite good and as we speak my nails are freshly painted and not chipped at all. The first nail varnish is a lovely nude, brown colour from H&M called 'Nutmeg', I'm in love with this colour and bearing in mind H&M nail polishes only cost £3.99 they are such great quality, don't take too long to dry and then when they are dry they don't smudge or go gloopy. My other favourite nail polishes this month are all from Essie of course, which are slightly pricier than the H&M nail varnishes but who can refuse getting a few Essie nail polishes when it's 3 for 2 in Boots. I picked up the shades In Stitches which is so so lovely, Bordeaux and Bobbing for Baubles. To me these are quite Autumnal/Winter shades slightly darker even though the two of them are quite muted tones they're still dark shades which makes them perfect for this time of year especially considering one of them is called Bobbing for Baubles!


Although I have already done a post ranting about the new H&M beauty collection and how amazing it is, when I was in London I popped back in quickly and didn't plan on picking anything up but of course I did. The first thing I picked up was one of their High Impact eye colour's in the shade Anthracite purely because I don't really have any shades like this and I'm finding myself wanting to make my eye makeup slightly darker and intense now the dark and gloomy days are here with winter so this lovely dark, navy shimmer is great for creating the perfect smoky eye look. One thing I will say is that the fall out if this is dreadful, you just end up with huge chunks of dark shimmer all over your face but if you're willing to put up with that and doing your makeup taking slightly longer then that's fine, but this product really is lovely and I love pairing this with my Naked palette with the shade Smog. So I also picked up a hand cream purely because my hands have been a bit dry recently now we're in the colder seasons, so I picked up the Cashmere Haze hand cream and it smells so lovely, plus the packing is really aesthetically pleasing to me as well as all their other skincare and body care products but I ran out of time to look so I think there needs to be a H&M order placed quite soon.


I had been debating for a while whether to get this and if I was willing to spend that much money on this product but I finally took the plunge and placed an order to Space.NK for the...wait for it...HOURGLASS AMBIENT LIGHTING EDIT! This is the most beautiful palette I have seen, I'm so in love with it and have used it pretty much everyday for the whole of this month. I think this is a great choice if you want to try out a bunch of Hourglass's products but don't want to commit to a full sized product just yet, although this doesn't work out to be that much of a cheaper option I just think this makes such a lovely gift whether that's for someone else or if like me you had a bit of a shit day and thought about treating yourself, which I do way too much according to my last bank statement. This is a really handy product because if you're going away you pretty much have the powders you need all in one palette and don't have to take extra products with you, not to mention the fact that it is just simply beautiful and amazing, clearly I am well over excited to have this is in my life so obviously this has to be my favourite beauty product not only of the month but probably ever!


I have been trying to get my hands on some NYX products for what seems like forever, and since when did FeelUnique.com stock NYX and how did I not know this! Although I could have picked up almost all of their products I wanted to give some a try before I went and just threw my money at everything. The main product I wanted from NYX was a few of their Soft Matte lip creams, but I have a bit of trouble with matte lip creams because of how dry my lips are - side note if any of you know of any lip balms or miracle products that would help my little dry, chapped lips to sort themselves out please leave some recommendations below, I beg of you because they are quite literally horrendous this time of year... Anyway after that little meltdown, I like to give products a go before I commit to getting that product in every shade they make, but good news I love, love, love this product! I picked up the shade London which is a lovely brown, nude colour and now I desperately need every other shade and have my eye on the shades Cannes, Prague, Milan and Monte Carlo plus how great are those shade names. I also picked up one of their Butter Gloss's in the shade Creme Brûlée, this is a lovely pink and nude lip gloss that isn't too sticky on my lips so is perfect for night outs. Also Boots has come out with wonderful news that they now stock NYX!!!! This is where I now order all of their products...


As it's now the end of November, there is no excuse to why I can't and shouldn't pick up all of Lush's Christmas products! I picked up the Father Christmas bath bomb, this is a favourite from last year and smells so good, it smells of candy floss and sweets, this is probably my favourite from the whole of their Christmas line so I couldn't recommend this one enough! I also picked up the Yog Nog bath bomb, which I hadn't tried before and didn't think I was going to like the smell of this because it's quite spice scented but surprisingly I do, it smells a bit like toffee and really reminds me of Christmas and the spicy scents so I couldn't not pick this up. Another thing I hadn't tried or smelt before was the Rose Jam shower gel, and like everyone said it does smell really good and is lovely, I hadn't used any of Lush's shower gels or creams before but after using this one I've now added a few to my Christmas list like of course The Comforter shower cream as well as the Yuzu and Cocoa shower cream. I love Lush in general, but especially this time of year with all their lovely Christmas products and gift sets and think they make the best gifts if you don't know what to get someone, so Lush as a store is one of my favourites this month. 

My last favourite that I have to mention is the Garnier Micellar cleansing water, this is my favourite cleansing water and even tops Bioderma for me purely because Bioderma I think is slightly harsher and dries out my skin and really stings my eyes, I know your not meant to get it in your eyes but when you accidentally do oh my god it hurts! So purely for the reason that the Garnier Micellar cleansing water doesn't sting my eyes and is less harsh on my skin I had to include this is in my favourites plus not to mention it's so much cheaper than Bioderma! I hope you enjoyed this slightly rambling favourites, leave a comment of what some your favourites are this month and keep an eye out for my Non-beauty November favourites! 

THINGS I MENTIONED:
H&M nail polish - Nutmeg
Essie nail polish - In Stitches
Essie nail polish - Bordeaux
Essie nail polish - Bobbing for Baubles
H&M High Impact eye colour - Anthracite
H&M Cashmere Haze hand cream
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit
NYX Soft Matte lip cream - London
NYX Butter gloss - Creme Brulee
Sleek Matte Me Lip Gloss - Birthday Suit
Lush Father Christmas bath bomb
Lush Yog Nog bath bomb
Lush Rose Jam shower gel
Garnier Micellar cleansing water

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I love the NYX Butter Glosses! The Rose Jam shower gel is on my Christmas list!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're so nice! It's smells so good! xx

      Delete
  2. I want it all! those nyx lippies look lovely x
    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that Hourglass palette so much too! It looks so amazing! Haha, I know the feeling of walking into H&M just for a look and still end up buying something. It's the same with Ikea :D Anyway, I've been loving their blushers, you should try them out :) and I should try their eye shadows. Just maybe a different shade, although that one looks lovely, but I'm not the biggest fan of fall out.
    What I also need to do is visit Lush. I don't have a bath, but my parents do and when I visit them at Christmas I'm definitely having one. But Rose Jam will be perfect for showers <3
    Lovely post. And happy December in advance hon :)
    Emma xx

    www.wellemma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, love ikea! Aw thanks love the packaging of the H&M blushers, I should add one to my christmas list. Yeah it is slightly annoying with the fall out but yeah maybe some of the less shimmery colours might have less fall out :) thank you, you too :) xx

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hourglass palette is everything! I've have yet to try the h&m makeup line and I want to try everything now!
    Rita x
    dashofcurves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! You definitely need to, such good quality and so affordable! xx

      Delete
  6. I might have to put the Hourglass palette on my Christmas list because I can't deny how gorgeous it is! As for lip balm I started using Nuxe Reve De Miel about three years ago and I haven't looked back, it's amazing, plus because it's matte it's lovely under lipsticks :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's amazing! Yeah I love that lip balm but at the moment my lips are so dry it's just not doing anything, I do love using under my lipstick though, thanks xx

      Delete
  7. You are so lovely. Just super, super lovely. Thanks for being such a beauty/style inspiration! It’s great to have a place to go where I can trust makeup suggestions from an awesome gal!

    Sending positive vibes your way in the new year!
    --Lianne | LittleRedCanvas.com

    ReplyDelete

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig