Monday 25 December 2017

BERLIN 5TH - 8TH

It's finally the end of my first uni term and I had the perfect end of the term, a short trip to Berlin! We were told there would be a trip to Berlin during the first week and I had to make sure I got a place on the trip, Berlin has been on my list for a long time. And I can't think of a better time to go than when it's all festive and cold, which it definitely was freezing and we got to see a slight bit of snow on the last day. As much as I love this time of year and the cold weather it was slightly irritating wearing that many layers and looking like the Michelin man every day but comfort over style especially when it was that cold! There wasn't really any specific reason behind the trip and wasn't really relevant to my course but that wasn't a bad thing. We did the usual historic and museum visits, I'll leave some photos down below of course!

I love how cool and laid back Berlin is, and I especially love the continuous beautiful pastel coloured flats that line the streets of Berlin. Our hostel was quite central which was great but they have great public transport, Britain needs to take note! A day pass cost about 7 euros but that included a journey on the tram, tube and bus. I loved how easy it was to navigate as well! 



My favourite place we visited had to be the Eastside Gallery! Of course, going to Berlin I expected to see a lot of graffiti but this was so cool and 100% worth the cold walk down there! I love how different each piece was, and that they change all the time and keep up to date with current events with a response from different graffiti artists. Of course, there was a 'fuck Trump' piece which I still find amusing, my favourite piece had to be the colourful swirled piece one with the faces. I could have stayed there for hours just looking at the same pieces but we headed for refuge in the warmth of our hostel.
We also headed for Checkpoint Charlie early in the morning and a few other museums, of course, I knew some of the Berlin Wall histories but learnt about it so long ago it was nice to learn some more. I love Germany and it was just so lovely and festive with it being December and all. Another favourite was the endless Christmas Markets, with so many Bratwurst's and crepes as well as alcoholic hot chocolates which are a must! The Birmingham German Christmas market was nothing compared to the actual Berlin Christmas markets, obviously. I also loved exploring Berlin at night, it's such a beautiful and interesting city!


I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and look forward to posting more in the New Year!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig