Monday 20 November 2017

MAGAZINE FAVOURITES

I thought I'd do a favourite magazine post seen as I'm studying a course that requires me to buy endless amounts of magazines which is definitely my favourite thing about this course. I'm currently studying Fashion Branding and Communication at Birmingham City University which looks at magazines and the layout as well as fashion journalism and will eventually go into styling and so on. I've always enjoyed spending my money on magazines and collecting them and now I just have a reasonable excuse to continue buying them. I do love your traditional fashion magazine like Vogue and Elle and back home they were the main ones you could buy, if you were lucky you'd get some of the more niche independent magazines in WhSmiths on a good day. I mainly pick up magazines if I like the cover, take December's issue of Vogue with the beautiful Adwoa Aboah on the cover, there was no way I wasn't buying this issue. This month's Vogue is especially exciting as it's Edward Enninful first issue as the new editor.

I love going to London not only because it's my favourite city but because you can pretty much get any magazine you could ever want! I like picking up other countries Vogue's and Elle like Elle USA below with the lovely Rihanna on the cover. I think it's interesting to see the different layouts but for the same magazine such as Elle, and another one I recently picked up was Vogue Paris as well. 

I love using magazines around my room, stacking them and then layering pretty makeup and jewellery on top. I use them almost the same way I do books, and will keep them until I get to a point I cant move in my room anymore! I like spending a bit more on magazines such as £12 for Cereal magazine because I know I will keep it and go back to it and read it again. 
I've left some links to magazines websites that consider my ongoing favourites, I hope this quick post was barely interesting - keep an eye for more!

Links:
Elle
Vogue
The Gentlewoman
Suitcase
Oh Comely

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh Comely is a magazine I'll nearly always buy, I love it - also love Frankie!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love that magazine too, I haven't read Frankie before I'll have to pick it up!x

      Delete

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig