Sunday 5 July 2015

June Favourites

It's that time of the month where I try to look back on the last 30 days of June and wonder where the hell those days went and what I've actually managed to get done in those days, let's just leave it at not much. Although I may not have accomplished many useful things, I have had a pretty exciting month beginning with finishing college and ending with going to the beautiful city that is Paris.



So I'm just going to get started before I begin to ramble on and this gets way too off topic, so the first two things I want to talk about are my two favourite lipsticks from MAC and I have been loving their satin lipstick in 'twig' which everyone else has been raving about and I don't blame them. I love this lipstick and I think its such an easy lipstick to wear and to pear with so many different make-up looks, I have been wearing this non-stop other than when I've been wearing my second favourite lipstick by MAC which is their matte lipstick in 'kind of sexy'. This is more of a pinky nude colour and I bought this just before I went to Paris and wore it every single day I was there, its just such an easy everyday nude colour. I may even prefer this to MAC's 'velvet teddy' just because it's a slightly prettier, girly lip colour because of the slight pinkness of the lipstick.





The next lip product I have been loving is Charlotte Tilbury's lip pencil in 'pillow talk', which again is a lovely nude - if you can't tell already I have been loving nude colours this month for my lips as I think there such an easy everyday look. Charlotte Tilbury's products are slightly pricier, comparing to even MAC'S lip liners being £4 more but I can completely justify spending the extra pounds for the quality of her products. So far I have only tried a few of her products (fingers crossed for a Charlotte Tilbury haul and review coming soon) but the ones I have tried are such good quality and are worth a look if you want really high quality products. A slightly more affordable lip liner I've been loving is from New Look's new make-up range,  it's there nude lip liner in the shade '23 camel', this was only £1.99 which is even cheaper than a few high street lip liners. Obviously the quality isn't going to be as high as the Charlotte Tilbury lip liners but are completely worth getting your hands on because for this price the quality is great.

Moving on to a few of my favourite eye products now, starting with two of Maybelline's 24hr tattoo cream eyeshadow collection, one in the shade 'on and on bronze' and the next in the shade 'creamy beige'. The first one is a metallic bronze colour that comes out on your eyelids really pigmented and in a subtle glittery way and the second comes out in what they call their 'leather effect' range but still has a slight shine even though this is more of a matte cream eyeshadow. These are such great products if your looking for a quick and easy way to do your eyeshadow, you can just apply a small amount with your finger onto your eyelids and either work in with an eyeshadow brush for a more subtle look or build the look up for more of a going out look - usually I use my favourite eyeshadow brushes from Zoeva's rose gold collection, the 231 crease brush and the 227 definer brush to buff it out a bit at the crease of my eyelids and then to build the look up a bit more at the centre. I would completely recommend these two and am definitely planning on getting my hands on some more of their other colours. The next product I have been loving from Maybelline is their 'master precise' liquid eyeliner, I'm someone who has to wear eyeliner essentially everyday otherwise my face does not feel complete without it. I find doing my eyeliner is easier when I'm using a liquid eyeliner pen rather than a pencil or the liquid eyeliner pots, so this one from Maybelline is perfect, it doesn't dry up too quickly, and I get enough use out of it. It's probably the most boring product I have to talk about just because I use it possibly everyday and it's just my favourite because it just does the job (how many more times can I say just).

The next product is a skincare one, the body shop's 'vitamin e sink-in moisture mask'. Now I was bit hesitant before buying this just because I have eczema so that means I have really bad dry skin and I have sensitive skin also so I'm a bit courteous before trying any new skincare products so that I avoid irritating my skin. But I was completely taken aback by how hydrating this product was and how it soothed my skin and didn't irritate it whatsoever. You simply apply the product all over your face after you've of course cleansed your face and removed all make-up, in a thin layer and just let the product sink in for 10 minutes then just wipe away any excess you have left over on your face. This should and hopefully leave your skin feeling soothed and hydrated, I really love this on days where my skin is feeling especially dry and I will just take the time to cleanse my skin properly and then use this product to try and restore some of my skin's hydration.



My next favourite is a body scrub by Soap and Glory, it's their sugar crush body scrub in their scent sweet lime, and oh my god I have never smelt something so good, it just smells amazing. I also have the body wash in their 'orangasm' range which also smells amazing and I just love their bath and pamper products and I could sit here all day smelling the both of them - which I am currently doing, I cannot tell you how amazing they smell. So moving on to more of a hair favourite now, it's the Percy and Reed London 'volumising no oil oil', this is such a great product, it does exactly what it's says its meant to do which is give my thin, fair hair lots of volume which is what I need.

So hopefully this wasn't too long of a ramble and actually useful in some way or other, and fingers crossed, soon there should be a Paris post and haul coming and some new favourites for the month of July...

Things I mentioned -
MAC matte lipstick in kind of sexy
MAC satin lipstick in twig
New look lip liner in the shade 23
Charlotte tilbury lip pencil in pillow talk
Maybelline color 24hr tattoo cream eye shadow in 'on and on bronze' & 'creamy beige'
Maybelline master precise liquid eyeliner
Zoeva eyeshadow brushes
Body shop vitamin e sink-in moisture mask
Soap and Glory sugar crush body scrub
Percy and Reed London 'volumising no oil oil'

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig