Wednesday 7 October 2015

LONDON - CARNABY STREET

It's not often that I get to spend a few days in my favourite city of all, London so I thought I would make the most of this rare opportunity by doing a few blog posts. The main reason I went down to London was for London Fashion Weekend *trying to hold back the excitement*, but also my friend, Rochelle had just moved to London to start uni and she was nice enough to let me and my other friend, Liv to stay with her for basically a whole week - so thanks Roch. The first place we essentially ran to was Carnaby Street, I've been to Oxford Street plenty of times but for some reason never Carnaby Street. It is such a cute place, with probably the most random cluster of shops, like Brandy Melville and Monki, which I was beyond excited to go to. Luckily it was quite a nice day to just have a nose around, we went to Brandy Melville first, I absolutely love their jewellery and they're such good prices.




My new favourite shop purely because I finally found the perfect white shirt for me that I have been looking for, for what feels like a good 5 years is the miracle shop Monki. They have some great pieces, and they also have a range by the lovely Susie Bubble but they really do have some great affordable, essential pieces like a white shirt that you can then build a good couple of outfits around and that will be an essential piece in your wardrobe for so long. Not to mention some beautiful lace, triangle bras, so I definitely recommend that if you're anywhere near Carnaby Street to go and have a look or just go straight online.


The only thing you can possibly do next bearing in mind we also hadn't had breakfast, is of course get a cupcake and what place better to go than to Crumbs & Doilies that is beyond the cutest little cupcake store. To be completely honest I had been wanting to go to Crumbs & Doilies since I knew I was going to London and had slightly stalked their Instagram - this is when you all realise how sad my life is. But moving on, I decided to get your typical cookies and cream cupcake, and oh my god it was amazing and you should all go to London purely to go and try their cupcakes and I'm in no way over exaggerating here, they even had some sort of Snickers brownie concoction.





We also had a little look in MAC but I did manage to resist, although they did have a much nicer store with much nicer bags, and I mean that's a reason in itself to by something. We also stumbled across some rather cute store called We Built this City, selling of course great but pricey art prints that I wanted to fill my bedroom walls with. But they do have some kind of affordable more tourists items that are lot more arty farty than your usual average tourist items like mugs & postcards that would make a great gift for someone who hasn't been to London before.



Clearly from the cupcakes alone you should all now be on your way to Carnaby Street, but seriously it's such a nice place and slightly more chilled than Oxford Street where everyone seems to be in a massive hurry all the time. There are more London posts coming up very soon, so keep and eye out.

THINGS I MENTIONED:
Brandy Melville jewellery
Monki white shirt - £25
Crumbs & Doilies Instagram
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. So many cool looking places - I really want to visit Carnaby Street!

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig