Sunday 18 October 2015

LONDON FASHION WEEKEND



Not only did I get to go to London in September but I got to go to London Fashion Weekend on the 27th as well! I had the best time and need to go every year from now on, not to mention move to London as soon as possible! This year it was at the Saatchi Gallery which is such a lovely space, and I suggest if you get the chance to go visit the gallery you definitely do, especially now that there's a lovely exhibition on by Karl Lagerfeld and Chanel which I'm hoping I get the chance to go see - Mademoiselle Privé. I bought the Silver ticket which included entry and a seat at either the Designer or Trend catwalk show as well as a lovely tote bag designed by Mary Katranzou filled with a few goodies. There were also a few talks going on by a few people in the industry, I managed to get a seat at a talk by the lovely Alexandra Stedman aka The Frugality on 'Becoming a Blogger'. 




It was such a chilled day, just wandering around and looking at all the beautiful clothes that unfortunately were really not your usual affordable high street brands but nonetheless it was great to have a peek at some of the new trends coming this year. The pieces that stood out to me were mainly amazing fur coats and gilets as well as beautifully patterned pieces. I'm definitely on the hunt for an amazing fur coat to add to my wardrobe this year, and bearing in mind how cold it is already I'm thinking this would be a practical purchase as well as a fashionable one. 





I'm so glad I managed to get a seat at the brilliant 'Becoming a Blogger' talk by the amazing Alexandra Stedman aka The Frugality, I'm absolutely in love with her blog as well as her lovely instagram that I regularly stalk for new outfit ideas. It was such a helpful talk, she had advice on how to get your blog started but also how to keep your blog going and how to use your social media to make sure people see your blog. Although she does have a background in journalism and the fashion industry she emphasised how this isn't an important factor for everyone and you can still have a successful fashion blog without this background. Alex seemed like such a nice person and had some genuinely good advice and was in no way arrogant about her own blog and success, if you haven't already had a look at her blog or lovely instagram you should definitely do that now.

I had such a great time and it has definitely made me want to go shopping and of course to the next London Fashion Weekend in February 2016! Keep an eye out for a few hauls from my time in London coming very soon...

THINGS I MENTIONED:
The Frugality's blog
The Frugality's instagram
London Fashion Week
London Fashion Weekend
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Awesome! It sounds great. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing.. Byond online

    ReplyDelete

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig