Monday 22 October 2018

FRIDA KAHLO: MAKING HER SELF UP


Over the summer I went to visit the Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up exhibition in the V&A Museum in London. I’d been wanting to go for so long some, my mum and my sister managed to find a day where we were all free to go. This was such a great exhibition and they had so many great pieces of her work and personal items. Personally, I prefer her paintings and that’s what I wanted to see most. I may have convinced myself I needed one of her prints for my non-existent future house as well, but you have to get something from the gift shop and sadly I can’t afford the real thing so £15 for a print sounds like a good deal to me!


The V&A has done such a great job curating this exhibition and they have an amazing wire piece of Frida Kahlo’s face including her famous flower crown. Unfortunately, you're not allowed to take photos which is always disappointing although I managed to get a quick photo of the painting above. If you get a chance to go you definitely should, the exhibition is running until the 18th of November although I know tickets are selling out fast so hurry!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig