Wednesday 23 December 2015

GLOSSY BOX DECEMBER'15


I decided after watching a few gift guides from some lovely bloggers, a lot of them said about beauty box subscriptions so I may have subscribed to Glossy box after seeing a sneak peek of their December Christmas box, mainly being because of how beautiful it is in all its rose gold glory! I subscribed to the deal where you pay monthly so it's £10 a month and £3.99 for shipping which I think is a pretty good deal, I like the idea of getting items I wouldn't necessarily think to buy myself and getting a nice surprise when I love one of the items I would have never come across if I hadn't have received it with Glossy box.

My favourite product from this months box is the So Susan Statement Skin highlighter pencil, this is such a great highlighter and as soon as this runs out I immediately need to purchase it! I love the texture of it, and because it's slightly thicker than any of the crayon highlighters I've used before, it's more pigmented and stays on so much longer and by the end of the day, even if it's a long day in work my face is still glowing! This is definitely worth a try and I'm so glad I got to try it because this is definitely going to be featured in my December/2015 favourites.


I also received some skincare bits that I can't wait to try, specifically the Hylamide Pore Delete. This looks really interesting and you can use it without makeup after your skincare routine or with makeup after you've applied your foundation and before you apply powder. It's more of an instant fixer as opposed to a long-term treatment which is actually better for me, for days where I maybe want my makeup looking better than usual or when I'm going out, so I'm going to give it a go tonight for my Christmas do and I will get back to you on how I find it. They also included the Etre Belle Golden Skin Caviar eye roll on, and I don't really use products like this but I know my mum does and she might like it, although after tonight it might be nice to pop this on in the morning after being out all night and waking up looking like death!

I think with stuff like this there will always be something you may not really like, and in this instance it's the Essence Liquid Lipstick in the shade Show off, it's not really a colour I would pick out for myself and I'm not a massive fan of lip gloss. But it is interesting to try different products I wouldn't normally pick up for myself and I could always give this to my sister if she liked it which is a plus I guess. On the other hand something I may not have bought myself but has come in handy because of it's lovely shimmery colour is the Collection Long Lasting nail effects in the shade Ice Queen, particularly because of the time of year and Christmas being no less than 2 days away!


I'll have to give all of the products a good try and will let you know what I make of them and whether any of them are worth purchasing in the full size! Although the Glossy box subscription is great and the December box was beyond lovely in all it's rose gold glory but I've also heard great things about the Birch box subscription! What to do, if any of you subscribe to Birch Box let me know what you think and whether it's worth unsubscribing to Glossy Box and going with Birch Box instead?!

THINGS I MENTIONED:
Glossy Box
Etre Belle Golden Skin Caviar eye roll on
So Susan Statement Skin highlighter pencil
Collection long lasting nail effects
Hylamide Pore Delete
Essence Liquid Lipstick in show off
Starskin Bio-Cellulose second skin mask
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig