Wednesday 18 November 2015

A DAY IN CARDIFF

I'm always popping into Cardiff, mainly because it's the nearest place with any decent amount of shops and is only about half an hour away from where I live so it's such an easy trip to get there. I thought I would just do a quick post about a few places in Cardiff and maybe make this an on going thing if I go anywhere new or interesting the next time I'm in Cardiff. When I go to Cardiff with my mum we usually stick to the arcades mainly because she's not the biggest fan of shopping and once I'm in Topshop or Zara there's no getting me out of there anytime soon. So the arcades it is, that way we avoid a mental breakdown on behalf of my mother but I do love the arcades because there's a few different cute shops there and not your usual everyday shops.



One of my favourite things when I go to Cardiff with my mum is she always takes us to this little cafe that I absolutely love, it's called Barker's Tea Rooms and I'm in love with most of the furniture there especially the old brown leather armchairs, I mean if there was an option of buying some of the furniture then I'm all for that because it's all so lovely and comfy. They do such nice panini's, and everything just always looks so nice, I like that it's usually quite quiet because it's down one of the arcades and isn't one of your typical chain cafes. It's definitely worth skipping a trip to Starbucks and coming here instead!



Although most of the bigger shops aren't in the arcades, the arcades do have some lovely little stores with some great things, one of them being Home by Kirsty, which is a lovely design shop that do some lovely interior bits, the nicest cards and a few other things. I could have bought everything there and I need to go back and pick up some cards and also they had the cutest mugs with a constellation pattern on, and for some reason I'm obsessed with mugs but don't use them for hot drinks because other than hot chocolate I hate hot drinks so I literally have so many random mugs just everywhere in my room. But anyway, thinking of Christmas, they do some great little things that would make really cute presents if your not sure what to get someone that are different and something you can't get in your average store so your guaranteed your present will be slightly different to everyone else's - I will link them down below as well as their lovely blog.



I haven't been putting too many posts up lately due to the fact that I've been dying from the flu, I may be being slightly over dramatic but I have literally not moved other than when I've been able to get myself out of bed to go to work! But I'm feeling slightly better so there should be a few posts on the way, I'm also working on a huge home haul so fingers crossed that shouldn't take too long I'm just waiting on a few more things to arrive but I hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know if you like these kind of posts and want to see more of them!




HOME BY KIRSTY - link
HOME BY KIRSTY BLOG - link
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig