Tuesday 22 September 2015

JULIEN MACDONALD SS16

So on Saturday I had the best day, and still can't actually believe I got to go to Julien Macdonald's London Fashion Week show! I was lucky enough to get invited through a family friend, and so grateful for the opportunity bearing in mind I one day hope and pray to be a fashion photographer, wish me luck. I really didn't know what to expect other than super stylish, intimidating people but I have to emphasise how friendly and nice people were. Part of the reason I was excited to go was to get some street style photos for my portfolio and people may not look easy to approach to ask for a photo but they really, honestly are. I managed to get some good street style photos so keep an eye out for that post coming soon.




So it was obviously as expected amazing, I loved every minute especially when I spotted the lovely Rosie and Binky from Made in Chelsea taking their front row seats and the beautiful Lucy Watson following, let's just say I'm a bit of a Made in Chelsea fan, 'a bit' would be an understatement. I was happy enough just standing there watching the long line of celebrities and bloggers walk in, let alone when it eventually all kicked off. The show consisted of amazing metallic, bold patterned statement pieces with bold make-up containing massive amounts of eyeliner, black eyeshadow and slick back hair to match. Julien also launched his first menswear line which contained lovely looking male models with beautiful cheekbones wearing almost exotic, jungle inspired, bold patterned pieces.




I absolutely fell in love with some of his pieces, especially the almost copper coloured dress, and I've decided if I ever get married I will wear a dress by Julien Macdonald because 'the wedding' dress was so beautiful and impeccably designed not to mention just to wear around the house. I still can't believe I got to go and want to do it all over again, Julien Macdonald's show was absolutely amazing and I loved every single design. Keep an eye out for more London Fashion Week post's coming soon.




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Awww I'm so jealous you got to go to Fashion week! It's one of my dreams to go. And the first white dress is phenomenal, would have loved to have seen it in real life! x

    vvnightingale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've been wanting to go for so long too, it was amazing and the white dress was absolutely beautiful xxx

      Delete
  2. Amazing you got to go but you made the most of it, lovely photos & great post, hope you make it one day soon xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Infinitely Gigi. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig